Ever wondered what Chromium OS
was like? Why not try it. You can install it to a USB Flash Memory drive and then boot from the USB drive to try it. Here is how:
Or try the latest Hexxeh Lime build which has extra hardware drivers added from here
. e.g. ChromeOS-Lime-2237.0.2012_07_08_1610-rccf8f959.img requires 2 GB USB drive.
- Download the latest USB version from here - use the 'Download the USB image' large button
- Use 7Zip or anything similar to unpack the .img file from the downloaded .tar.gz file
- Insert a USB drive of at least 2GB in capacity
- Run RMPrepUSb and choose 'File-->USB', then select the img file you just unpacked (e.g. ChromeOS-Flow.img) - choose 0 as start byte, 0 as USB start sector, 0 as file length.
- When the copy has finished click on the Eject button
Now go try it! Login with Username=facepunch, password=facepunch.
Note: Most emulators will not work - use real hardware!
Very quick to boot Chromium OS + Ubuntu. Has update features built in.
1. Download and mount ISO
2. Extract ISO contents to a USB drive
3. Add following to a menu.lst menu
title Chromium syslinux for USB
kernel /k1010 acpi=off CX_ROOT_MEDIA_TYPE=USB xforcevesa