This procedure can be used for the Winternals Administrators Pack.
An old expired version of the ISO can be downloaded from here. Use 7Zip on the msi to unpack it to obtain erd50.iso.
You can boot from the XP based Winternals Emergency Repair Disk Commander 2005 or 2007 ISO from USB in one of two ways, either:
1. Directly from a flat file structure (the files from the ISO are extracted to the USB drive) - or -
2. Directly from the ISO file on the USB drive
Brief instructructions are provided for each of these two scenarios below:
1. Use the latest version of RMPrepUSB (must be v2.1.644 or later) and set the filesystem to NTFS (recommended but not essential), select the ISO in the 5 Choose Folder/File box and tick the BartPE->Drive as below, then click on 6 Prepare Drive to format and make the USB drive in one simple step.
Note that the ERD ISO file is selected in Item 5If you are using an earlier version of RMPrepUSB, you will need to extract the ISO to a folder on your hard disk and set the 5 Copy OS files text box to that folder.
Note: This method is also available using Easy2Boot and an Easy2Boot mnu file here.
1. Copy the ERD ISO file ERDCommander2005.iso to your bootable USB drive (you can prepare a bootable USB drive using RMPrepUSB)
2. Install grub4dos to the USB drive using RMPrepUSB - Install grub4dos
3. Download and copy the file WinVBlock.IMG.gz (see end of this article) to the root of the USB drive
4. Create a new menu text entry in the menu.lst file (press F4 in RMPrepUSB to edit/create the file) as below:
You can test your USB drive using the Test using QEMU Emulator button in RMPrepUSB or go test it on a real system!