1. Find the native screen resolution of your display (useful for TFT monitors) + lists screen size and resolution and monitor serial number, etc.
2. List PCI IDs and native Windows + 3rd party drivers
3. List installed software, disk volumes sizes and free space, HDD make and models, etc.
4. List Event log errors for last 7 days (filtered by type and date)
5. Lists Nic Ethernet connection speed, MAC addresses, IP addresses
6. Lists Memory modules, filled and available slots, DIMM Serial numbers (if Win7/SVR2K8R2 or later)
7. Lists SMBIOS/DMI mainboard values
8. List 'Problem devices and drivers'
9. Get same information on any system on the network (provided you have Admin access and they have been set up correctly - see form for details).
10. Send report email - uses a gmail server (gmail account required).
11. Export report to a file
12. List Hotfixes
13. Startup programs
14. Printers (inc. which one is the default)
15. Graphics adapter and current resolution
A Windows XP or later system (cannot be run from WinPE environments, use WindowsToGo if you do not have a bootable Windows OS)
A Gmail account (optional)
To use Gmail, the target system must have internet access.
Simply download and extact the SysInfo2.hta file and double-click on it
You can copy the file to a USB drive, it is fully portable.
If you wish to see a full report, say Yes to the prompt.
You can save the report to a file afterwards.
If you wish to email the report, click on the 'Email this computer information' and enter the Gmail sender account, password for the Gmail account and the destination email address.
SysInfo2.hta allows you to use a gmail account to email the report to anyone else (or to your own email address). You can send from a Gmail account to any other email address by using the Gmail server.
I suggest you create a new Gmail account and then scroll down in your Google account options page and set it for 'Allow less secure apps' - it will not work unless the account is set for less secure apps!
Use 'Allow less secure apps' if you see this error!
--------------------------- ERROR -2147220975: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x80040217. The server response was not available --------------------------
Change the three variables in SysInfo2.hta as required.
By default you will be prompted each time for all three values. I suggest setting esend and edest so that you only have to type in your gmail password when you want to send a report.
' --------- EMAIL VARIABLES - must be set for your own acccount -------------
' leave password as "" if you want to always specify the password yourself for security
esend = "" 'e.g. "[email protected]" must be gmail account - you must set 'less secure apps' on the Google account or else get ERROR -2147220975
epwd = "" 'gmail account password - can leave blank as ""
edest = "" 'default destination email account - change or leave blank - you will always be prompted