I have added a new utility to v2.1.634, Press ALT+CTRL+F5
to invoke DiskDoctor.exe. This is a low-level disk access program for checking hard disks for errors and viewing and editing sectors.
- Raw disk access only
- Scans entire surface for errors
- Reports SMART errors before and after an operation so you can see what has changed
- Read, edit and write sectors (edit up to 20 sectors at a time)
- Check disk performance (measure transfer rate, average transfer rate and detects marginally bad sectors by detecting retries)
- Search disk for a string (case sensitive or insensitive), or a byte sequence or for first NOT value - i.e. first byte that is not 00h
Take care! You can corrupt your hard disk with this utility!