If you want to view the contents of this website (or any website) offline, you can download the whole site (including images if desired) to a folder on your hard disk, as follows:
Download the WebLeach.zip file at the bottom of this page, extract the files and run WebLeach.cmd script file. You will be prompted for the URL (e.g. www.xxxxx.com) that you want to download and the drive letter that you want to mount the website folder to (e.g. Z). You can then browse the whole website offline. The downloaded files will be copied to C:\temp\www.xxxxx.com for you to browse at any time.
1. For Google Sites you can use Sites Import/Export GUI here. To run it from Windows, right-click on the .Jar file and choose Open with - Java SE Platform Binary (Java SE must be installed).
Entry fields are (for a site http://sites.google.com/a/xxxx.com/www:
Username: email@example.com (your gmail account)
Password: (your gmail account password)
If you have 2-step verification enabled then your Google password won't work - generate an application-specific password from https://accounts.google.com/b/0/IssuedAuthSubTokens#accesscodes and paste it into the Password field.
Choose Target Directory: c:\temp\zzz
2. Click on C:\temp\zzz\home\index.html to start browsing
1. Download and install wget from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnuwin32/wget-1.11.4-1-setup.exe
Here is the manual.
2. Install the software onto your Windows computer.
3. Open a command prompt and use the CD command to get to the installation folder by typing:
OR if you have a 32-bit system, type:
4. Type the command:
(assuming this is the site you want to leech!)
or add -R to prevent files with certain extensions from being downloaded, e.g.
A new folder will be created of the name of the site (www.rmprepusb.com) under the C:\temp folder.
5. Now run a subst command to substitute a new drive letter for the new folder: e.g.
6. Then you can start to browse the website by typing
and because the index file is now at the root of the new drive, the links to all the other pages should work correctly and you can browse the whole site offline.
Tags: leech, webleech, webleach, steal, copy web