Easy2Boot will boot nearly all linux LiveCD ISOs - just copy over the .iso file and boot!
Booting from the ISO file directly using grub4dos
Download the ISO and copy it to the /ISO folder on your USB drive (note: if you copy it to a different folder be sure to change the from= entry too - beware - the path and filename are CASE SENSITIVE!)
Install grub4dos button)
2. Install grub4dos on the USB drive if you haven't already done so (use the RMPrepUSB -
menu.lst file (press F4 in RMPrepUSB to load menu.lst into Notepad)
3. Add one of the following menus to your
#The iso file must be in the /ISO folder on the USB drive (paths are case sensitive!)
title slax 6.1.2
map /ISO/slax-6.1.2.iso (0xff) || map --mem /ISO/slax-6.1.2.iso (0xff)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz from=/ISO/slax-6.1.2.iso ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw
# Example for 7.0.8 - note the ISO has a \slax folder so last two lines are different
title Slax 7.0.8 i486
map /ISO/slax.iso (0xff) || map --mem /ISO/slax-6.1.2.iso (0xff)
# boot to Desktop using slax.flags=xmode
kernel /slax/boot/vmlinuz vga=773 rw slax.flags=xmode from=/ISO/slax.iso
4. Press F11 to try it out under the QEMU emulator.
These instructions will create a new USB flash drive (or USB Hard drive) and install the Syslinux bootloader onto it.
1. Download the Slax ISO v6.1.2 from the
2. Download and install RMPrepUSB v2.1.630 or later
Syslinux - Syslinux_3.86 folder and copy the syslinux.exe file to the RMPrepUSB folder - this will overwrite the current syslinux.exe (which is version 4) with version 3.86. Now the Install Syslinux button on RMPrepUSB will install v3.86 instead of version 4 when it is used.
3. Slax requires syslinux version 3 - Run RMPrepUSB and press F3 to open Explorer at the RMPrepUSB folder - open the
FAT32 and to select the downloaded ISO file in section 5 - click 6 Prepare Drive.
4. Set up RMPrepUSB to format and prepare your USB drive as in the picture below. Be sure to use